First things first, let me apologise for being AWOL for so long, real life has been getting in the way of sewing somewhat, however that has changed recently as I have been made redundant
Obviously unemployment means I need to
economise, which conveniently leads me to this skirt I found on sale at
a local charity shop for 50p (OK I'm bending the truth a little bit as I found this skirt ages ago when I was employed, I also re-fashioned it ages ago but never blogged it, bad
So here is what i did to the skirt -
Unpicked the zip & rescue waistband button
chopped several inches off the top and bottom of the skirt
sew up old centre back zip opening & unpick side seam
insert zip in newly unpicked side seam (I hate centre back zips on skirts)
create new waistband facing from cut off fabric
add hook & eye to top of zip (grudgingly)
On to the top! which I have no further full photo's of ... oops...
the pattern is Simplicity 2599 which I think everyone and their dog has
made. It went together easily and I will probably make a couple more as
it's a good wardrobe basic.
made this top entirely out of scraps, the blue is from the skirt above,
the yellow is from the 1994 dress and the white is the remnants of some
cotton poplin that I've been using for lining/underlining
considering I 'eyeballed' rather than measured the fabric I was pretty pleased when everything lined up!
also, should I ever have my own country, this will be my flag