Thursday, December 06, 2012

Colour Block Top & Dress


I bought these two little tops on sale for my 2.5 year old toddler, but they looked a bit plain and boring. Then I noticed how well the colours go together, and thought colour block.

So I chopped them in half.


With one set, I simply sewed the two halves together using a simple straight stitch (zigzaging the edge as I don't have an overlocker / serger.)

With the second set, I added a contrasting fabric to the middle to turn it into a little dress.


And here is my JJ modelling her new top!

Sorry about the milk moustache
How's the timing on this shot!

More info this refashion over on my blog Danya Banya.

xxx
Danya



5 comments:

Zhenya H said...

Danya, the refashions are awesome but the last photo is PRICELESS!!!
Zhenya
http://beingzhenya.com

Corina said...

That's hilarious! I love her little face in it. So funny.

marianne_bags said...

LOVE that photo- definitely one to keep for the 21st birthday party

Refashion said...

Super love the refashions and the cute little ones in the pics. Thanks! -Seeks, EOD

Bachelormum said...

What - that's amazing. I am creative with some things but not sewing and fashion. Admiration for you!