Sunday, December 09, 2012

Polka dot dress refashion with bias tape

Greetings and Salutations! My name is Amy Kay and this is my first post of Refashion Co-op. I am coming to you from my blog Sewing Room Screaming where I specialize in thrift store refashions, jewelry making, and hissy fits. 
The first dress I will be showing on Refashion Co-op is this lovely nightgown looking of a dress that although looks hideous as it does I saw it's true beauty in the pretty periwinkle color and polka dots. 
Hideous Before
I removed the shoulder pads, trimmed up the sleeves, and remove the excess length of the dress to a nice shirt length. I also added bias tape. This was the first time I ever sewed bias tape and it really wasn't that hard.  
Fabulous After
I paired this shirt with a white thrifted belt that was $1.00. This shirt is really comfortable and can be paired with jeans, a skirt, or dress pants which is why I love it. I also love this dress because it only cost $3.00 at the thrift store. 

Check out my blog, Sewing Room Screaming, for more pictures from this refashion and for more thrift store refashions. 



5 comments:

Fanny said...

Gorgeous!

Sandy said...

That is really fun!
Sandy in the UK

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Very cute. Nice transformation.

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

This refashion turned out very nice!!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Refashion said...

What a great new blouse - it looks fab. Thank you for sharing

Debbie EOD