Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Round-up of 2012

Hello Refashionistas

Some of you may remember me from when the refashion Co-op began back on Valentines day 2011 and to those, hello again! I am now back as daily editor currently covering the Wednesday duties.

To those of you who have joined in the mean-time - nice to meet you! I look forward to getting to know you all.

I am so happy to be back with the co-op and the mere fact, that it was possible for me to take a (long) maternity leave and come back to a co-op still going strong, proves that the concept of a multi-editor / multi-contributor blog was a stroke of genius. But enough about that!

As today has been a very slow day on the blog and there has been nearly no editing for me to do on my first day back I decided to have a look at the stats and see what has been going on while I have been away in 2012. I would like to share some of this with the rest of you.

2012 has been a smashing year with many visitors to the co-op. I know that we are not doing this to generate visits - but I do think it is a good sign that there is such a great interest in the co-op and it fills me with ideas about what else we can do with such a big audience. I will have to discuss this with my co-editors and will hopefully get back to you all in the new year with some ideas.

Now comes the bit I always love when looking at website stats. Where are the visitors coming from. I think this is pretty amazing. In 2012 we have had visitors from 179 countries in the world. Now, its difficult to get a straight answer on Google on how many countries there actually are in the world. But as far as I can tell its around 190. This means that we have practically had visitors from all over the world. Yes, we are truly word-wide.  I do find this quite amazing. I'm just doing the happy dance :-)

The country from which we have had most visitors is of course the USA. This comes as no surprise to me as many of our contributors and editors are living in the USA. The co-op is also very popular in the UK, Canada and Australia and I am happy to say in Germany, where I am living now. I am a bit disappointed that the Danes (this is because I am Danish) don't figure very strongly in the stats, but then again it is a very small country. At the other end of the scale we have countries such as Swaziland, Uzbekistan and Vanuatu. This is probably not interesting to anyone but myself (as I spent a part of my childhood in Swaziland) but I just wanted to mention it anyway as a little curiosity.

And now to what has been happening on the co-op in 2012. There has been over 1300 refashioning posts. The all time favourite (from a visitors perspective) was the Bow sleeve t-shirt by LittleDidYouKnow using this Ruby Murrays Musings tutorial. One of the reasons this post is so popular (apart from being fab of course) is possibly that it was popular on Pinterest too. Just goes to show that we should definitely consider doing more pinning of projects to spread the word. It works!


Another very popular post is the Cute fix for a hole in the knee of jeans by Resweater. After a bit of digging (for the sake of proper citation) I think I have found the original tutorial for this idea. It seems to come from the Dutch blog By Miekko and is a great tutorial for DIY Monster Knees. Hang on a minute. Now I think I am making a bit of a mistake here. Yes, this post has been very popular in 2012 but it was actually written at the end of 2011. Hmm, I guess it doesn't matter as this is no award ceremony but just me catching up on the co-op and it sure is cute. My husband just came by and totally loved it too.



Another popular post that is nearly from 2012 (31st December 2011!!!) is the From pullover to Cardigan refashion by Chic Envelopments. This is actually a tutorial and not just a refashion which is probably also why it is so popular. My fingers are also itching to try it out.


The last popular page I am going to mention this evening is the Posting do's and don'ts :-) I guess this means that a lot of people have been here and hopefully they have all taken note. This brings me back to the lovely editors who are making sure that the do's and don'ts are adhered to. I can't wait to work with you all next year.

Have a great holiday season and a happy new year.

See you in 2013.

xx Eddie

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks for the summary!
Can I ask, I guess we are now only meant to use our name label, right? Not sure when this changed? I understood before that the label also would be a way to search what to do with jeans or what to do with sweaters, etc.
Anyway, I can see the label list is really long anyway, so I can understand if that is why things changed.
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy,
The label list was removed while I was on leave but I followed the discussions about it on the sideline. I think the idea is that the search button is just as good. But I will definitely have a look at how this can be done. It is very important that we can find the refashions that interest us.
xx Eddie

Sandy said...

Oh okay, I never tried that, or noticed it really! Sorry. I will have a go with it to see how it works.
Sandy in the UK