Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Shirt to shirt refashion

This is a men's shirt to women's shirt/blouse refashion I actually finished last year and have been wearing quite a bit since them. I only recently got all the images together for it though.
Hop on over to my blog to see the entire walk-through.

I wanted to use this as an example of refashioning with a pattern. We (the editors) have been considering whether we should see if we could get some patterns to review for refashioning. If you have been sewing from patterns before they definitely consider using them on old clothes for a refashion. And if you are already doing it, then let me know in the comments as I am considering doing a little editorial/round-up on the subject.

Anyway here is my best attempt so far:

It all began with my husbands old shirt.


Using a fab pattern from Ottobre Design (5/2012)


Ending with a rather cool blouse (if I may say so myself :-)

xx Eddie

10 comments:

willywagtail said...

The new blouse looks really feminine. Cherrie

Little Blue Mouse said...

The contrast edging on the sleeves is a nice touch.

I've used the Colette Sorbetto pattern to refashion a man's shirt.

Sandy said...

I have used my own drafted patterns for refashioning. I am looking at a shirt hanging in my room with that kind of idea in mind. but I like that you did away with the collar aspect. Gives me motivation!
Thanks,
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

thanks all for your nice comments. :-)

Little blue mouse - I am very interested to see what you did with the colette pattern - do you have a link?

Sandy - yes the collar really was a nice touch - can't wait to see how you get along with it.

Unapologetically Quirky said...

I did something similar recently myself. I'll have to send you a link to photos. :)

Unapologetically Quirky said...

You did a VERY nice job, btw. :)

Little Blue Mouse said...

Hi Eddie,
I did a post on here a few months ago about the blouse I made.

Far said...

That's a sweet looking shirt! Love it! Yeah, I usually use patterns or mash up a few patterns to make my own when sewing clothes, even in my refashioning projects...

Anonymous said...

Pretty! Love the refashion! :)
~Jen

Anonymous said...

Pretty! Love the refashion! :)
~Jen