Monday, October 28, 2013

Coral cut off

WP_20130909_005WP_20130730_001

A lovely lady gave me the coral boyfriend cardigan a couple years back and I wore it to death. I wore it with purple and with black and with denim. It’s a fun and bright color, different than I would normal gravitate towards.


As you can see, the “boyfriend” style hangs down quite past the red lady’s slender hips. My hips IRL are a tad bigger and it’s not the best cut for my figure. And if I actually tried to put something in the pockets? oh dear, it was like I had gained an extra 15 cookies to my figure.   I cut the bottom portion off at the second button and added some vintage lace from an estate sale. (True color is more like the outdoors picture)

 I folded the sides of the cardigan over and sewed them straight down, which was good because it hid the button hole stuff, but then there was no way to keep it closed. Oops. I got a nifty metal closure at a fabric store in Seattle and it does the job!  
WP_20130909_005

In other happy refashioning news, I dripped something all over this bright green dress that won’t come out in the wash. (oil? butter? something like that) The green dress has been banished to the basement until I figure out what to do with it. New material, yes!

Love,
Amy Jo at The Little Moments

6 comments:

Sara said...

Cute refashion! A trick to getting oil out of garments is to apply some dishsoap directly on the spots and let it sit for a day before washing.

Julie said...

I've read lemon (maybe any citrus?) essential oil will remove oil spots if the dish soap doesn't work. I just got some Dr Bronner's Sal Suds and that stuff is amazing too. I haven't had an oil spot to test yet but it's been amazing cleaning my stove. BTW, your refashion is adorable!

Refashion said...

The refashioned cardigan looks very pretty - love the metal closure and lace. :)

Debbie EOD

Amy Jo said...

Thanks for the tips on grease stains, ladies! I think I'll let it sit in some dish soap before I start cutting it apart. ;)

jennifer elliott said...

I love the addition of lace to the cardigan. :)

Carissa said...

You took it from comfy but frumpy to super cute and feminine. I love the clasp and lace details! Perfect!