Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, August 08, 2014

DIY Infinity Scarf

A friend of mine recently asked me to take in some maxi skirts for her. They were exactly the same - basic jersey knit maxi skirts - except one was black, one grey, and one navy.


I took in about 8 inches via the center back seam - super simple - but that's not what this post is about.

I was left with three strips of fabric about 30 inches long and 8 inches wide. Each strip was sewn into a tube, then joined into rings and linked to one another to form a brand new scarf!

It's big enough to loop around my neck twice.

Or I can open up each ring and stick my head through there for a third way to wear it.

And if you don't happen to have some maxi skirts to take in, this could easily be made from strips of an old t-shirt. You could make it from one shirt for a solid color scarf, or throw lots of shirts into the mix for a longer, more colorful scarf. Have fun with it!

For more details, visit me at CarissaKnits!

DIY Infinity Scarf


jennifer elliott said...

You had me at infinity scarves. I like this unique technique.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

vintagevogue said...

Great idea! I've shortened a bunch of maxi skirts for people, and I've found the strips make good headbands. I just tie them around and leave the ends hanging.