Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Another t-shirt dress

Back when it was still hot outside, I made this t-shirt dress that I neglected to post. So here it is. I started with two-shirts - a lovely, well-fitting ladies shirt and a huge blue men's t-shirt.

I loved the ruched sleeves of the gray shirt, but the hole-y bottom hem had to go. I made a skirt out of the men's shirt by cutting it out like so.

I sewed it along the side seams into more of an a-line shape. I sewed it with right sides together until I got to about 3 inches from the top edge. Then I flipped it right-side out and sewed the rest of the seam with the wrong sides together. This made it so that I could fold down the top few inches and have a waist-band of sorts on the dress. I joined the skirt to the shirt like so.

And here is how it looks with the waistband folded down.

Pretty comfy. Thanks for reading.  


cfortin said...

T-shirts are one of my favorite things to refashion. Nice work on yours.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Clare said...

I like the way you did the waistband.