Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

SHIRT REFASHION: Pivot! Pivot! Pivot!

PIVOT! PIVOT! PIVOT! I absolutely love that episode of Friends, where Ross buys a new sofa and decides to move it by himself (with Rachel's reluctant help). I'm not sure what made me think of that particular scene, but I knew I needed a PIVOT! shirt. With my bleach pen in hand, I carefully wrote "pivot" on a blank black shirt.


Unfortunately, my carefully placed letters and dots were off a teeny bit off center. What the poop?!? I tried to fix the issue the best I could by adding a second dot between the P and I, but the two dots just looked funny and I hated it. On the verge of throwing the shirt away, I had a really bad idea in mind.


Just as I was on the verge proceeding with the terrible idea, I immediately thought of another brilliant idea. Just make the first dot into a stick figure. BRILLIANT! And I love it! With a few retouches with the bleach pen, I can't wait to wear shirt on a lazy day. To make the T-shirt perfect, I just need to fix the sleeves but I'll save that project for another day. 


For more commentary on this refashion, click here.

Jennifer Elliott


Nina said...

omg that is so weird! I love it too! Please keep posting bleach pen experiment oddness - I so enjoy it.
I love mistakes that end up transforming a look! My mom said mistakes are the best because you learn so much, and get creative, and end up with something unique. What a fun tee! I don't know why it's making me think of the comic character Fido Dido...

Elizabeth Hill said...

Nice save! You should call this one "The One With the Extra Dot." ;)

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

jenny_o said...

Great save!