Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A quick puffed sleeve fix

Puffed sleeves are the worst, ugh!

I was lucky enough to thrift a fabulous velvet & wool dress in my Scottish clan tartan when I lived in London & then it sat packed away in 2 different countries until fate had me inherit a sewing machine and teach myself how to use it thus allowing me to begin my upcycling journey & finally refashion the dress into something I’d actually wear:


Here’s my fast fix for those puffy shoulder lumps + the solution to a silly refashionista mistake that I make more often than I like to admit...

2 comments:

RanchHouse said...

Readers: Be sure to check her blog post.
Love that you saved your tartan.
The velvet mix really sets it off.
This is the second tartan sighting for me this year. On last weeks Carib cruise a man was in full dress kilt for the formal night.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

g.satansbraten said...

Ahhh yea, see what the two of you are talking about: welcome in 'The Club'; means: done this - been there myself once = Hi 5 !
Funny: it can still happen any time again in the eagerness of being 'temperamental creative' :-o
Hence real general warning: keep your mind on ground/task at any time; no matter 'how blind' one thinks to do the stuff and how often done similar already.
At least MY confession: I'm NOT a 'Napoleon' and capable to work very well several things at once or 'absent minded' :-o !

Thumbs up for your rescue idea!

LG, Gerlinde