Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Hot Pink 80's with Shoulder Pads to Flattering Cocktail Dress

Hello friends!

I found this amazing dress at a local consignment store a few weeks ago and decided to have some fun with it today!

I removed the sleeves and shoulder pads (which immediately brought it out of the 80's).  Next, I used one of my favorite tricks: I took a dress that already fits me and used it as a pattern to alter the shape of this boxy dress.  It turned out fabulous!

If you want more details (and a few pictures) showing how I used an old dress to fix the fit of this pink number check out my original post!  Happy Monday!

Shawn Elizabeth


Bailey Mills said...

That turned out super cute!

cfortin said...

Great re-fashion!

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab