Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, February 20, 2015

Simple Bralettes

I don't know about you, but sometimes it is nice to have a comfy bra-less day and this fits the bill. Also, my young daughter loves them.
Cutting and sewing lines
I started with some extra camisoles I had laying around. I made two cutting lines, one for the top and the other for the bottom band. I took in the sides of the top, using an inverted V, 1/2 inch at the bottom of the top. I also made two breast darts.
Front View
The bottom band I took in 2 inches then folded in half, wrong sides together. I then attached the band to the top, with a clear elastic sewn into the seam. I have a serger, which made this so much easier and faster than a regular machine.
Yes, I am modest.

I saved the bottom of the camisoles. I am thinking they would make great waist bands on some summer skirts.


Valerie Lusk-Waddell said...

Oh wow! Thanks for this idea! I have some camis that are not in wearing outside condition that I can now put to use for comfort at home! :D

Saga said...

Oh, they look so comfortable. Heading for my refashion pile to look for camis/tank tops.

Andrea said...

Great idea! I'd love to make myself some of these :) Thanks for sharing!

Andrea EOD

Frances Brough said...

The cutoffs from the cami bottoms can be used to lengthen a top, creating a layered look.