Sunday, February 22, 2015

SKIRT REFASHION: Two new khaki skirts!

In search of more khaki pants or skirts, I found a pair of shorts for $8. The length was a little long as shorts but would be perfect as a work skirt. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've refashioned a pair of shorts into a skirt, and the process was pretty simple.

SKIRT897345
SHORTS TO SKIRT REFASHION

I simply cut up the inside seams, smoothed out the fabric, and sewed new front seam to create a skirt! Although the process was simple and took me about an hour to complete, I have a few issues with making the old seams and new seams look natural. But I think the skirt looks OK.

Z.2SKIRTSA
SUPER UGLY TRIANGLE PIECE

For the second khaki skirt -- which was refashioned from  super big capris -- I thought I needed extra material in the front. In reality, the triangle piece was amazingly ugly and totally not needed! I guess the capris were wide enough that I didn't need more fabric -- so, I removed the triangle.

Z.2SKIRTSG
AH, MUCH BETTER! SO MUCH BETTER!

For more details about these simple refashions, click here or here.

Come on over to my blog and peek at some pictures that make me happy at jenniferelliott14.com.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I definitely prefer the non-triangle version. I've done this to a few skirts too. Trust me, it gets easier the more you do it. Great job!

-Carissa
EOD