Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Blouse into Halterneck Top

I never wear this blouse anymore, it was too short in the body and I felt it didn't suit me. However, I enjoy the vibrant colour and texture and I thought it would be an ideal candidate for a refashion.

I used the excess pieces of shirt I cut away to create a bias binding to use as edging, creating thin halterneck straps. I managed to make enough binding so that there was enough to tie it into a bow at the front.

Now all I need is a sunny day to show off my new top!

The tutorial for this can be found on my blog Lola Nova Upcycling

1 comment:

cfortin said...

I used to have a lot of tops that shape. I like how you have refashioned yours.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab