Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Small Changes, Big Difference

I found a nice pair of brown boots at the Goodwill Clearance Center a while back. They fit almost perfectly. The problem, it turns out, was the cuff on the top.
The cuff on the left boot was significantly smaller than the cuff on the right boot, causing them to get a bit uncomfortable after a while.

Then 2 things happened to make me think about refashioning these boots. The first thing was, I saw a pin on Pinterest about turning outdated tall boots into ankle boots. The second thing to happen was the soles started to come unglued at the toes. Since I had to repair them in order to keep wearing them, I figured, refashion them at the same time!

I'm lucky that I didn't trip over that, since I have problems with tripping over less in the past!
30 minutes with Gorilla Glue, scissors and clothes pins, and I have boots that are infinitely more comfortable than before, and that aren't a tripping hazard!

 

2 comments:

Cucicucicoo: Eco Crafting & Sewing said...

Cool! I have a bit of terror in touching shoes, but kudos to you for doing it! :) Lisa

RanchHouse said...

We are in DC for the week and seeing lots of boots. Great Save. Mary @ RanchHouse. EOD