NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

High Waisted Shorts

Let's face it, you see something with Polk-A-Dots and you don't pass it up! So when I was digging through the unwanted clothes at the 50 cent sale and came across these doosies I snatched them up. But what the heck am I going to do with these ugly things?
I mean come on...UGLY!
I took in the side seams as well as the front and back seams by 1 1/2 inches. If this didn't make them less baggy, I was giving up!
   After all that taking in I rolled up the hem 3 times to makes these a more appropriate length.
  Sewed the hems down in four 1 inch stitches (Front, back, inside and outside). 
To make these into a pair of vintage high waisted shorts I sewed on 4 white buttons onto the front.
I wore these babies on a hot and sunny day to my parents boat for a day of fun in the sun!
  Enjoyed some pool time...
  Watched the Ferry bring people onto the Island to enjoy their weekend...
  And enjoyed the sunset!
All in all a pretty darn good day off!
 
 Happy Refashioning!!!
 
To see my stash of rehashes visit my blog: www.therefashstash.wordpress.com

3 comments:

Lovenicky said...

How cute are they! The buttons really jazz up the shorts!

Erica Moody said...

Saving this so I can attempt to copy! I have a thousand buttons waiting to be used, and those shorts are perfect!

jennifer elliott said...

I'm with you -- I have a hard time passing up with anything that has dots on it! Great save. The shorts look super comfortable and perfect for a hot day.

Jennifer Elliott. EOD