NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Kids Refashion- Jumper To Sweater!

Its been a busy June for me so I haven't had a lot of time to post my new refashions. I have several just waiting so I will start with one I was pretty happy with. My kid has this jumpsuit that is super cute but got too small. Its fleece and has cute polar bears on it. So I decided to get one more winter out of it (I hope!)



First thing to do was chop it just above the crotch, leaving as much room as possible to create a new hem.

Next I folded the edge over once and pinned it down.

Then I sewed a new hem. I used a triangle stitch to allow the material room to stretch.

Here is the end result:


She wouldn't stop moving for a picture!

I did my best to get a picture of her in it, but the kids moves so much! I also threw it on over the onesie she had on so it looks a bit twisted and ill fitted. It turned out great and it only took me a couple minutes to do this!

To see pictures of the process please visit my blog post right here!








2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Oh my goodness, your little model is adorable! Nice save on the jumper -- the print is so cute. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Lolo said...

Thanks Jennifer!