Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tulip Back Blouse

I found this dress and all it's awesomeness for only .25 cents at my favorite local thrift store

I decided to make a new blouse entirely. I actually really like the fabric and the tulip hem in the front inspired me to get really creative... First, I did a little bit of dissection:

 After I ironed things out, I used another dress as my template for a pattern:

For the back panel of  my new blouse, I criss-crossed the remaining scraps into a tulip shape and used the dress as my template once more:

I stole the sleeves off the bolero and added them in to my new blouse after constructing all the pieces together.

I rather like it :)

If you'd like to see my original post of this refashion, click here :)


Give the Cat a Name said...

I love the back, so creative.

Saga said...

They even charged you for that dress?! ;-)
Lovely blouse.

cfortin said...

Great transformation and you can't beat the price. :-)

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab