Saturday, July 25, 2015

Kimono Vest Goes West: Make a Kimono Cardigan From a Dress

 I LOVE the idea of a kimono vest. Long enough to cover up those BBQ potato chips that decided to hang out with me for awhile, yet open and airy enough to see my cute new skinny jeans underneath.

AND I just happened to have this dress hanging around the studio in all it’s 90’s floral and broomstick  glory, sooooooo…..


With a few snips of the scissors and a couple of straight seams…


I took my new Kimono Vest and Went West.








I wish I could bring you all to the incredible Que Linda Ranch where my friend, Linda took these pictures just moments before the sun went down behind the Eastern Oregon Elkhorn Mountains. The beauty of this place inspires me at any time of day or any time of year.

Well, tomorrow is the big day.  Stay tuned to vote for your favorite in the first challenge of Refashion Runway: Season Three over at The Renegade Seamstress.

I can’t wait for you to see the way these creative women interpreted the Floral and Geometric or Stripes Challenge.

See you tomorrow.

Beth







2 comments:

Gema said...

That place does look stunning... And fab kimono too! :)

Andrea said...

Gorgeous! I love the idea of a duster kimono and just haven't been bold enough yet! Lovely choice on the original piece :)

Andrea EOD