NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Refashion Runway Challenge: Floral/Stripes/Geometric

Hello, Refashionistas (and RefashionisTOs) ;) I have the privilege of competing in a friendly online sewing competition hosted by the Renegade Seamstress, herself! How I got picked to compete with 7 other super talented seamstresses, I'll never know...

For our first challenge, we were asked to combine Floral with Stripes or Geometric prints. I figured this shirt I thrifted for .99 cents would do nicely.


I made a few dissections.. and cut the fabric into 4" wide strips. I also used some purple floral scraps from a refashion I haven't completed yet. I also cut that fabric into 4" scraps and quilted the 2 prints together.


When I had a nice big piece of fabric to work with, I cut it into various different angles. I sewed them together into an asymmetric tunic.


The back is my favorite part :)




To vote for my tunic (or any of the other 7 creations made by the other competitors of "Refashion Runway: Season 3), click here.

~Accidental Seamstress






2 comments:

Andrea said...

I like how you combine two florals to make the stripes!

Andrea EOD

jenny_o said...

Very pretty and so original - nice!