Sunday, July 26, 2015

Refashion Runway: Week 1 Challenge [Stripes and Flowers]



This challenge TERRIFIED me.  I had NO IDEA what to make!  When I walked into Goodwill and saw this shirt, I knew I would be ok.

Yes it was boxy and boring, but I just knew that I could cut it into something great!  Next I found a prairie dress.  YIKES-so not my style!!!


Cut away the boxy shape

Add accent ribbon at the waist
But...snip, snip, snip within an hour she was completely transformed!!!

Transformed!

I loved the dress, but wasn't sure she had everything she needed, so I took her on a test run to Times
Square!!

Field trip time!  (NYC Time Square)

She was a big hit!!!!
The step by step tutorial is at my blog HouseholdHowTo.blogspot.com.

See the other Week 1 looks here!

6 comments:

Saga said...

Very pretty and flattering.

Carissa said...

I love prairie dresses. I'm a big fan of florals, and they usually have *tons* of fabric to work with. You did a great job with this one! Good luck in the competition!

-Carissa
EOD

jenny_o said...

That ribbon at the waist is very effective at bringing the stripes and florals together; it's amazing how a small thing can finish the dress so effectively. Good eye!

Gema said...

Loving your work!! Grear combo! :)

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

THanks all! Everything about this competition scares me, but it's been so much fun!

Jean said...

It turned out lovely.... oh, and I love the ribbon trim
that you used to finish it off. Looks great on you!