Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Refashion Runway: Week 1 Challenge [Stripes and Flowers]

This challenge TERRIFIED me.  I had NO IDEA what to make!  When I walked into Goodwill and saw this shirt, I knew I would be ok.

Yes it was boxy and boring, but I just knew that I could cut it into something great!  Next I found a prairie dress.  YIKES-so not my style!!!

Cut away the boxy shape

Add accent ribbon at the waist
But...snip, snip, snip within an hour she was completely transformed!!!


I loved the dress, but wasn't sure she had everything she needed, so I took her on a test run to Times

Field trip time!  (NYC Time Square)

She was a big hit!!!!
The step by step tutorial is at my blog

See the other Week 1 looks here!


Saga said...

Very pretty and flattering.

Carissa said...

I love prairie dresses. I'm a big fan of florals, and they usually have *tons* of fabric to work with. You did a great job with this one! Good luck in the competition!


jenny_o said...

That ribbon at the waist is very effective at bringing the stripes and florals together; it's amazing how a small thing can finish the dress so effectively. Good eye!

Gema Ensenat said...

Loving your work!! Grear combo! :)

Kathy W. said...

THanks all! Everything about this competition scares me, but it's been so much fun!

Jean said...

It turned out lovely.... oh, and I love the ribbon trim
that you used to finish it off. Looks great on you!