RanchHouse August Sewing Goal:
- Mend, alter, refashion 10 Going to Town Dresses.. This is #2.
- Made from Pre-retirements garments that do not fit Retirement needs.
- Good for lunch with friends, errands, shopping, and part-time contract work.
- Unfitted, Cool, Comfortable. Texas fall will still be hot.
- Is also for Gingham Refashion Runway Sew-Along.
|After: Going to Town Dress with Gingham.|
Before: Years ago, this casual jacket/broomstick skirt was refashioned from navy pants and tea towels. Gingham- in fabric stash from Pursleys Fabric in Dallas. The style does not fit Retirement needs.
After: Going to Town Dress for hot Texas summer, fall.
Steps: *Skirt: Remove waistband/elastic. Serge top of skirt. Use rest of skirt as is.
*Top/Jacket: Cut new sleeves and bias tape for neck binding from jacket.
What I Learned: The drop shoulder hangs too far. I will alter the pattern for future use.
Before, the broomstick skirt was floor-length. After, skirt is above ankles, which works in this dress.
|TNT Pattern: These dresses get a lot of wear.|
Many have been worn thread-bare,
|Before: Long Broomstick Skirt|
|Before: Tea towel in the jacket|
|Before: Casual jacket/skirt refashioned |
from navy pants, tea towel, fabric. many years ago.