- Mend, alter, refashion 10 Going to Town Dresses. This is #6.
- Made from Pre-retirement garments that do not fit Retirement lifestyle.
- Good for lunch with friends, errands, shopping, part-time contract work.
- Unfitted, Cool, Comfortable. Texas August is 100+.
|After: Summer Going to town dress.|
*Dress: Leslie Lucks style dress from stash.
*Blue Seersucker: Stash Seersucker is cool and says summer.
* Skirt: Remove, serge for new skirt. Add seersucker ruffle.
*Top: Use pleated sleeve edge for new sleeve trim. Bias trim from bodice, New top/sleeves from seersucker. Stitch 1" seam in waist, turn up to form thin elastic casing.
|After: Sleeve trim from old dress. |
After: Summer Going to Town Dress.
What I Learned:
* needed in wide drop sleeves.
*brought shoulder in, graded down to side seam.
New Fabric Pattern:
*original tissue pattern replaced with new fabric pattern mad from stash pillowcase
*alterations pattern info noted with permanent sharpie
*new fabric pattern will fold /store without tearing.
|New Pattern: Cut from pillowcase|
|Before: Sleeve pleat|
|Before: Leslie Lucks Style|