Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

From Maxi Dress to....Maxi Dress

What happens when I find a gorgeous strapless maxi dress with a too small bodice? Why, I throw it together with a too big tank top and a too big skirt, and make myself another maxi dress!

I started out with this dress.
Faded Glory Strapless Maxi dress
So much color! I loved it, except for the fact that if I wore it as-is, I was in constant fear of a huge wardrobe malfunction.

But, not to fear, I had coordinating colors in my stash!

Remember this beast?
I used a tank top that fits well to trace a new top out of the purple skirt, chopped a strip of pink fabric from a random tank top, and put a new top on my maxi dress.

I turned the old maxi dress bodice into piping to finish the neck and arm holes.

I absolutely adore the finished product. Still colorful, super comfortable, and no risk of having my own Janet Jackson moment!  A win, win, win. :)


jennifer elliott said...

I love it! Great job.

cfortin said...

I like the fabric. Glad you were able to save it.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab