NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Getting into Gingham...

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all loving the Refashion Runway as much as I am!! This week's challenge is gingham (which you probably already know). It's not a print I've worked with before, so it was good to have the excuse :)

At the same time as buying the pink XXL men's shirt, I also bought a white lacy ladies top... here's the shirt;

Here's part of the process, shaping the shirt into a dress... with a bit of Rod's help, obviously!

I played about with trims, and finishes, before realising I was running out of time!!

Here's one of the 'After' shots taken in a lovely park near my house...


...and the Before and After!


Have a look at the whole process on my blog, and voting is happening all this week - check out ALL the ladies' fabulous entries on the Renegade Seamstress blog!

Happy Refashioning!
Gema x

8 comments:

Kathy W. said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!!!

Gema Ensenat said...

Thank-you Kathy, that's so sweet of you to say! I wish I could've been with you to take shots of your creation last week!! Maybe I could get over to the US to take your pics from now on ;)

Marisa Glied said...

Love the pink pattern! You did a great job!

Elizabeth Hill said...

Very nicely done! Such a cute dress. I also have a little "helper" who can't keep her paws off my projects.

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Anielska Aniela said...

I love it , very pin up style :-)
I enjoy XXX...L men's shirts refashion as well

Gema Ensenat said...

Thanks Marisa!!

Gema Ensenat said...

We wouldn't be without them though, would we Elizabeth? ;) He's always giving me ideas! Haha!

Gema Ensenat said...

Thank-you Anielska! It's my first, but I have a feeling I'll be doing more... :)