NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Maxi dress into two skirts

My sewalong maxi dress refashion.
Viscose (rayon) jersey maxi dress. It didn't quite flatter me, and I needed skirts. And I loooove stripes.

It was long enough to make two skirts out of.

I narrowed the top of the skirts to fit me and then made waistbands from jersey with elastan.

Se HERE FOR TUTORIAL on how to add a waist band to a skirt.

Skirt 1 still had the hem from the dress, so I just left it.
Skirt 2: I overlocked the edge with white thread but otherwise left the edge raw.

Skirt 1.

Skirt 2

1 comment:

cfortin said...

The skirts look much more modern. I like the stripe with the blue top.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab