NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Pulling it out of the bag!

Hi Everyone!

SO! This week's challenge on the Refashion Runway was bags - handbag, tote, clutch; it just had to start life as something else...

So I started with this;

I'm talking about the hat - not the silly look on my face...

I applied a LOT of changes, including making lining from a striped shirt, adding pockets made from children's shorts, making straps from t-shirt yarn, and creating a small matching purse... but the gist of it is I unravelled the hat - to create a bag...


adding a motif, straps, lining, and a bag charm... and this is what I was left with...


I'm having a great time, and loving all the ladies work in this series, they're all so talented!! Who knows if I'm through to the next stage - but hey, I like my 'new' bag :) Pop by my blog to read up on the process... and remember to cast your vote when voting opens for this round :)

See you soon x
Gema

Before and After!

10 comments:

Gingham Ginger said...

Me likey

Gingham Ginger said...

Me likey

whatthesew said...

Wow, I would never have thought of that, takes 'fabric' to a new level.

Gema Ensenat said...

So pleased!! :)

Gema Ensenat said...

Thank-you! 😀

Gema Ensenat said...

That was meant to say Thank-you! :D

Carissa said...

It never would have occurred to me to take apart a hat to make a purse. Way to think outside the box!

-Carissa
EOD

Gema Ensenat said...

Thank-you Carissa! Didn't occur to me either, until I was really struggling for ideas! Also, I wasn't sure how it would turn out, so I'm pleasantly surprised! :)

jenny_o said...

A unique approach, and it turned out SO well!

Gema Ensenat said...

Thank-you Jenny! I wasn't sure when I started what it would end up like...but I'm pleased with it! :)