NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Friday, August 07, 2015

Yo-Yo's!

BEFORE- Found this hideous 90s vest fraying on the shelves at my local thrift store. Horrible. But loved the possibilities inherent in the multi-coloured fabric yo-yos! I got to work...

AFTER- I attached a skirt and sculpted the top, to end up with this fabulous rainbow dress! I love it!
And I did not fully attach the skirt at the back, creating this cute cutout effect ;)
What do y'all think?

8 comments:

Give the Cat a Name said...

Saving the Yo-yos! Well done!

Saga said...

Awesome!. It flatters youca lot, and I really like that the edge is squares. Great that yiu had an eye for what the vest could become.
(And dare I say? You look hot in it).

Valerie said...

Very modern take on something old and tacky!

Laurinda said...

What a great refashion! I agree that it was pretty amazing that you took a frumpy, old fashioned vest,& made a very sexy dress. Amazing!

Gingham Ginger said...

Major improvement. Well done.

jennifer elliott said...

Great job! I love the little cutout in the back and great job at refashioning the vest.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

J said...

So adorable! I want one!

Nina said...

guys thank you so much! <3