NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Layered Dress Refashion

Hello Refashioners!

This latest refashion I finished was made from this double layered rayon dress I found at the thrift store a few months back:




 I liked the deep maroon color and the softness of the rayon fabric, and the double layers meant it was a lot of usable fabric. This refashion only used some of the under layer of the dress, so I still have more to make another coordinating piece.

I used a pattern for a straight skirt to determine where to cut the fabric and take in the side seams of the under layer to transform it into a new skirt:


The rayon fabric means this skirt is very comfy. I used an invisible zipper and bias tape to finish the skirt.


You can see more about it here on my blog.

Happy refashioning!

2 comments:

cfortin said...

I like the fabric too. Cute new skirt.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Kristen Bond said...

Thanks! The rayon is so soft, too, it is very comfy.