Wednesday, September 02, 2015

WP_20131115_15_59_27_ProSomehow, a permanent marker (which I have banned from the house, car, trailer, my life)  managed to get a hold of a new shirt and leave a blue mark.   It was stubborn; it was a $3 shirt.  I didn’t get mad, well maybe a little bit mad at the contraband marker sneaking its way into my house.




WP_20131205_15_23_00_ProI salvaged the pretty little flowers from the ruined shirt by ironing some heat and bond to the back of the flowers, then cut them out.  Next, I found a red dress which ALSO had permanent marker lines on the chest area.  (Apparently, I need to increase my surveillance on writing utensils around here.)

I strategically ironed the flowers in place, then sewed them down so they won’t go anywhere.  There were a bunch left over, so Grace pulled out a skirt that needed a little something extra and we ironed and sewed them down too.


Love Amy Jo at The Little Moments

2 comments:

RanchHouse said...

Great save on these!!!
So true on banning the markers. I just tossed stamp pads and fun stamps. The thought of explaining to the Grandaughter's mom was too much.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse Wednesday Editor of the Day (EOD)

jenny_o said...

What a great save - looks like it could be the original design!