Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

WP_20131115_15_59_27_ProSomehow, a permanent marker (which I have banned from the house, car, trailer, my life)  managed to get a hold of a new shirt and leave a blue mark.   It was stubborn; it was a $3 shirt.  I didn’t get mad, well maybe a little bit mad at the contraband marker sneaking its way into my house.

WP_20131205_15_23_00_ProI salvaged the pretty little flowers from the ruined shirt by ironing some heat and bond to the back of the flowers, then cut them out.  Next, I found a red dress which ALSO had permanent marker lines on the chest area.  (Apparently, I need to increase my surveillance on writing utensils around here.)

I strategically ironed the flowers in place, then sewed them down so they won’t go anywhere.  There were a bunch left over, so Grace pulled out a skirt that needed a little something extra and we ironed and sewed them down too.

Love Amy Jo at The Little Moments


RanchHouse said...

Great save on these!!!
So true on banning the markers. I just tossed stamp pads and fun stamps. The thought of explaining to the Grandaughter's mom was too much.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse Wednesday Editor of the Day (EOD)

jenny_o said...

What a great save - looks like it could be the original design!