Thursday, October 01, 2015

Calling All Costumes!

Happy October everyone! We, your Refashion Co-op editors, would like to invite you to celebrate Halloween season with us! Throughout the month of October, we'd love to see your best costume refashions. Halloween is the perfect time for refashioning. Who wants to spend big bucks on something that will only be worn once? No one, that's who! So let's get to sewing!

I'm proud to kick us off with what is probably my favorite refashion project to date! Two Halloweens ago, I made a Cinderella costume (the pink gown her evil step-sisters ruined, not the blue one from her Fairy Godmother) out of an old wedding dress and two dated bridesmaid dresses - all of which were free to me!

Refashion Runway Week 5: Halloween - Before

I layered the dark pink skirt over the white skirt. I adjusted the bodice of the dark pink dress to fit me. The light pink dress was used for all the details - the bows and the sashes. From the remnants of white, I made the shoulder straps and a little bow for my store-bought headband ($1). I also made a necklace with some beautiful blue glass beads ($3). Throw in some thrifted pink shoes ($4), and that comes to a grand total $8! Try finding a deal like that in a costume shop!

Refashion Runway Week 5: Halloween - AfterRefashion Runway Week 5: Halloween - After

You can check out my original post here! And I'm looking forward to seeing all of your costumes!

Refashion Runway Week 5: Halloween - Before & After

6 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I remember this refashion! I love it because Cinderella is my favorite animated movie. And I love that you picked the pink dress to create. Great job -- as always.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

RanchHouse said...

Cinderella would def get her Primce in this one. I love this call for costumes. Can't wait to see the fun.

jenny_o said...

I remember this one, too - gorgeous. I'd want to wear it more than just on Hallowe'en :)

Unknown said...

I remember this! It's so great! Can't wait to see what else is in store this season.


- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

1Toffeey said...

Wonderful re-fashion...love this Cinderella Dress...

Anonymous said...

You totally nailed this! What an amazing rehash!