Thursday, October 01, 2015

Get the Perfect fit

Hello Refashion Co-op. My post today is about getting these two twin tops to fit better.


They are exactly the same and have fun polka dots that you can't see in these pictures. They fit through the shoulders and bust but not the mid-section.


I always start by trying the shirt on and deciding how much to take in. Then I find the mid-point between the underarm seam and the bottom. This almost always needs to be the narrowest part. I don't want the chest or hips any smaller.


It is much more flattering now. 


For more details check out my blog, I Can Work With That. Thanks!

3 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I love when shirts fit and make you feel. Great refashions.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

jennifer elliott said...

P.S. When posting don't forget to add your username -- Chickie -- in the label area. Thanks!

jenny_o said...

It's always amazing to me how a small change can make something look so different. It affects how we feel when we wear these things.

Unfortunately, the change I always need is to narrow the shoulders and take in under the arms - which is pickier and more time-consuming. But it's still worth it.