Saturday, October 10, 2015

Mexician Dress into a Bodice Top

Hello everyone, I hope you all have had a great summer. Summer in our house is all about our daughter and driving her around with her friends. And summer patio parties.  Doesn't leave much time or energy for altering.

I did manage to work on something though. It was a traditional Mexican dress I pickup on our last vacation there. Trouble was it was just too big.



It took me quite awhile to decide what to make from this dress, so that I wouldn't lose the wonderful embroidery. Once I did, I started cutting...


and piecing small sections together to make bigger pieces.

All the extra cutting and piecing was worth the effort. I love the top!



To get more information on how I did this, and the pattern I used, check out my blog. Happy Altering.





6 comments:

Queen Of Rods said...

What a beautiful transformation! You did such a professional-looking job. Very creative use of an unflattering garment :)

Blanca Acosta said...

Very nice job. Now as a top, it has a much younger appearance.

Carissa said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to save so much of the embroidery. It's just gorgeous, and much better as a top!

-Carissa
EOD

Unknown said...

Always love mexican embroidry garment, you did a great job on this piece!

TGC

Unknown said...

Always love mexican embroidry garment, you did a great job on this piece!

TGC

Blanca Acosta said...

This really is a very pretty top with many details and I am so glad I was able to use it in some other way.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.