NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Mexician Dress into a Bodice Top

Hello everyone, I hope you all have had a great summer. Summer in our house is all about our daughter and driving her around with her friends. And summer patio parties.  Doesn't leave much time or energy for altering.

I did manage to work on something though. It was a traditional Mexican dress I pickup on our last vacation there. Trouble was it was just too big.



It took me quite awhile to decide what to make from this dress, so that I wouldn't lose the wonderful embroidery. Once I did, I started cutting...


and piecing small sections together to make bigger pieces.

All the extra cutting and piecing was worth the effort. I love the top!



To get more information on how I did this, and the pattern I used, check out my blog. Happy Altering.





6 comments:

Queen Of Rods said...

What a beautiful transformation! You did such a professional-looking job. Very creative use of an unflattering garment :)

Blanca Acosta said...

Very nice job. Now as a top, it has a much younger appearance.

Carissa said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to save so much of the embroidery. It's just gorgeous, and much better as a top!

-Carissa
EOD

FJ Ricardo said...

Always love mexican embroidry garment, you did a great job on this piece!

TGC

FJ Ricardo said...

Always love mexican embroidry garment, you did a great job on this piece!

TGC

Blanca Acosta said...

This really is a very pretty top with many details and I am so glad I was able to use it in some other way.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.