Friday, October 16, 2015

REFASHION: a hoodie and capris

I love running my hands through the clearance racks at stores and finding great finds with an even better red price tag. These blue checkered shorts would look like a normal pair of shorts on any average guy, but the shorts are too big and too long on me. Instead of turning them into another skirt or another pair of shorts, I thought capri pants would be the perfection solution!

1015.red

I didn't have the heart to donate this beautiful light hoodie because I just loved wearing it so much. Unfortunately, the hoodie is a little too small! Argh! With some left over lace from the old table cloth (best $4 spent because I've used bits and pieces for so many refashions), I cut and folded the lace into two long strips to insert into the side seams. PERFECT! Actually to make the hoodie perfect, I added thumb holes in the sleeves.


1015.green

For more details and pictures, click here.

Jennifer Elliott

2 comments:

jenny_o said...

Two great ideas. I'm loving your series of tops with side inserts!

jennifer elliott said...

Thanks so much! I'm finding the process easier with practice.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD