NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Two of two

Cowl Neck Refashion Number Two -- or should I say the final one as I only had two cowl neck tops in the fall/winter clothes tubs. To recap: I can't recall wearing either at the start of the year so that means refashion or give away.

I'm going through a tough love episode with my clothes these days....



Gotta say, it was a messy unpicking, but my new Janome 9200D neatened up those edges in no time flat! 


I took a two inch strip from the removed cowl


then stitched it to the raw edge of the neckline. I messed around with a few ideas but settled on this


nice neat turned under and handstitched option. I don't lack for cool necklaces to wear with it




but last month's efforts to empty my knits and jersey tubs will work as well (plus keep my neck warm). 

IWOM

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Personally, I like the cowl neck, but if you don't wear it, what's the point, right? Sounds like you'll get a lot more use out of the top this way. Good on ya!

-Carissa
EOD