Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, November 23, 2015

Gift for a Little Lady

Oof, it's been a sec...

A few weeks ago I really upped my workout game, and then about 1.5 weeks ago my knees started killing me, which really wrecked said workout game :( I'm still not 100% sure WHAT I did, but this is the first weekend I've been able to stand/walk for extended periods, so husband and I went out to, I dunno, spend time together! But I managed to whip up this little number earlier, and wanted to post it before we launch into the chaos of Thanksgiving week :)

I know a little girl whom I'm an honorary auntie to. I wasn't able to go to her birthday party a few weeks ago, so I figured I could at least make a cool Christmas present for her! I took this teeny teeny miniskirt and the bottom of this too-small top...

And cut them into loooonnnggg pieces...

The usual 'sew on the edges then flip inside out'. Before I sewed the ends closed though, I took a couple little bits of old lace I had and tucked them between the layers, then stitched everything down 

Tah dah! Perfect for a cute little Kindergartner. I like that the Abercrombie logo shows actually... A cute little bird to decorate her scarf :)

And that's it! I think I'll make scarves for her mom and stepdad too... Especially relevant for him, he's studying in Finland right now, so I'll be sure to use the warmest fabric I have for his, LOL!

Here's hoping to doing more this week... I have a 4 day weekend because of Thanksgiving, and I intend to use it!



Refashion said...

The scarf is very cute. I like contrast of the fabrics

Debbie EOD

Samwise J. said...

Thanks Debbie! Some of the little flowers have pink on them, so I figured it would combine okay!