NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, November 16, 2015

My Halloween Costumes: Marie Antoinette and Katy Perry

I know it has been 2 weeks since Halloween but I just finally got to blogging about this year's costume, which I refashioned from a white corset dress.

Basically I took a white corset dress and used scraps of fabric from previous clothing articles to make an ice cream cone. Then I just blinged it out with everything I could find that was candy/cupcake oriented. I didn't have a lot of time to make everything so I had to purchase iron ons, etc. But it came out pretty fabulous!


I had a lot of fun in this costume. More info here.

The other costume I wanted to feature is something I truly refashioned- my Marie Antoinette costume which can also dub as Renaissance. I started out with this pale blue formal dress that I got for $1 and then added a lace top.
I basically used everything to make a shorter, sleeveless dress with lace inserts, as well as, arm sleeves. By adding or removing the front bows I can totally change the look of this dress from Marie Antoinette





To a medieval lady..


More info and a LOT more photos on my blog here. 

Cheers,
Lauren

1 comment:

cfortin said...

That's quite the contrast in costumes. :-) They both look great.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab