Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sheath Dress to a peplum top

Hello everyone,

I have finally decided to stop being a slacker and take some after photos. LOL and they even are not that good. But I thought it was time to get some blog posts done. I found this blue plaid dress that only cost $1,  and really there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It fit great! But in all honestly I don't wear a lot of dresses anymore. I mostly need more tops that are long that I can wear with pants. That is what really what I need more than anything.

I cut out a middle portion and used the bottom to make a peplum. But what I didn't realize that the skirt tapered so I left a little gap in the back. But I still was covered. And now I have a nice top to wear for when it warms up. Right now it was 34F in the morning and I needed a sweater and a jacket... For more info and pictures, check out my blog here.

Cheers,
Lauren


1 comment:

cfort82 said...

Such a difference the dress looks a little dated but as a top it is great.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab