Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sheath Dress to a peplum top

Hello everyone,

I have finally decided to stop being a slacker and take some after photos. LOL and they even are not that good. But I thought it was time to get some blog posts done. I found this blue plaid dress that only cost $1,  and really there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It fit great! But in all honestly I don't wear a lot of dresses anymore. I mostly need more tops that are long that I can wear with pants. That is what really what I need more than anything.

I cut out a middle portion and used the bottom to make a peplum. But what I didn't realize that the skirt tapered so I left a little gap in the back. But I still was covered. And now I have a nice top to wear for when it warms up. Right now it was 34F in the morning and I needed a sweater and a jacket... For more info and pictures, check out my blog here.


1 comment:

cfortin said...

Such a difference the dress looks a little dated but as a top it is great.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab