Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Summer recap no 6 - Skirt to tunic with multi-season potential

 This piece was something I had lingering around for years. I bought this piece of fabric more than 10 years ago in Ljubljana, when I needed an instant swimming suit cover-up, and once I brought it home, I have converted it in a 'skirt' without making any cuts to the fabric. Several years later, I found that darts forming the waist of the skirt became disintegrated, and I was left with something that used to be a skirt.

The print being so fun and the fabric of good quality I decided to make the simplest choice - remove remaining darts and zipper carefully and make the boat neck dress-tunic. It is perfectly fun and I plan to keep it as multi-season piece which could liven up a dark autumn combination.


RanchHouse said...

How fun to three uses out of an old favorite. Thanks for sharing
Mary @ RanchHouse Editor of the Day. EOD

kitblu said...

The colour of that fabric definitely works for 3 seasons. It is bright and fun and will enhance darker autumn colours. Good work!

jennifer elliott said...

I love the angled hem. Love the color and pattern of the dress!