Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Cameo T-shirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. How is everyone today? This project started as a pin that I got free in the mail. I ordered from a fabric seller on Amazon, and it was included as a thank you gift. (Thanks to The Jay Company!)  

Here is the pin. I LOVE the cameo. It has a white surrounding area and a black bow behind that and a couple pearls hanging off the bottom for good measure. There is a lot going on here. I thought a simple black shirt was the best option to make the cameo stand out by itself.

Here is the men's T-shirt I used. You can't get more simple than this.

I made an off-center open cardigan style top. The pin holds the two sides together.

Here is a brighter picture of the pin and you can see the sleeves too. I dressed them up with cuffs and pearl buttons.

For more details please go to, I Can Work With That

Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.


cfortin said...

What a fun idea. We never know where inspiration is going to come from do we.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Cindy. It was a good starting point and it gave me a direction.