NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Too tight suede skirt to Right fit skirt

I have this thrifted green suede midi skirt that I bought earlier in the year. It was too tight on me - I wasn't able to zip up the top 2 inches of the zipper. I was going to make a purse with this skirt. However, I like the a-line shape of the skirt and I read that midi suede skirts are on trend this Fall/Winter. So I decided to do a quick and easy refashion with it!


First, with my trusty seam ripper, I took off the too-tight waistband:

Then I cut off about 2 inches from the top of the skirt and bound the top edge with some remnant black knit from my stash:

Now I can comfortably zip up the skirt. Voila! A quick and easy refashion!

And this is how it looks on me:
I look like a Christmas tree with the red sweater and the green skirt! LOL!
See My Blog for more Refashioning projects. Happy Holidays to all!

2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

For as many skirts I've refashioned, I never thought about just taking off the waistband and using piping as a replacement. Thanks for the tip, and I'll have to keep that in mind next time.

Jennifer, EOD

Queen Of Rods said...

This is a brilliant refashion solution for a too-tight waistband. I must admit that I have a few :) Thanks for sharing your awesome idea.