Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Dinasaour Refash

Hi readers! Frist, I would like to apologize for some of these pictures being blurry. When I started this refash my camera on my phone ended up breaking because it refused to focus. Since then I have replaced my phone so I shouldn't have anymore problems.
So let's get to this refash!!!
At my local thrift store's .50 cent sale they pile tables full of items separated by type. I always seem to find myself at the kid's clothing table not because I have kids but because I like the idea of using the little duds as appliqu├ęs.
That's when I found this little dude!


Since it is winter I figured that this little guy could dress up a plain sweatshirt.

So I cut my new dinasaour dude out in a square and pinned it on my sweatshirt.

I didn't care much for the neckline on this so I decided to cut it off and make it an off-the-shoulder sweatshirt.

I decided that adding some dinasaour footprints would give my new sweatshirt +100 in cuteness. I cut out my stencil and painted!

I painted on a series of footprints on the back as well as two on the front of the sleeve.



Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog:


jenny_o said...

Inspired and so cute!

whatthesew said...

I usually ignore the children's section, but your refashion looks good.

Carissa said...

Totally adorable! I wish my local thrift shop had 50 cent days!


Marisa Glied said...


Marisa Glied said...

Thank you! Hope you're inspired to check out the kids section sometime!

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you!!! And I am very lucky to have 50cent days! I love it!