Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Quickest No-Sew Dress Refashion Ever!! Vintagethrifter51

This has got to be the quickest and easiest no-sew refashion ever.  I just bought this vintage dress at Value Village today for $7.99 plus a 15% discount.
I had seen it before and admired the print and the beautiful silky fabric, but never thought it would fit as it is a size 12.  But when I went back today, it was still there and I still loved it so I figured I could always make a top out of the fabric.  But I brought it home and tried it on and it fits perfectly.  But as you can see, the top is quite blousy and not so flattering.
But I also love the little pearl buttons at the cuffs and at the back of the collar.  They are very in keeping with the style and age of the dress.
I considered taking the elastic out until I noticed that the bodice lining was much shorter than the bodice fabric which was what was  keeping it puffy.
So all I did was carefully cut the lining out of the top all around the neck, arm holes and waist.  This left me with the lining fabric seen above.
Then I just had the top and the bottom attached without the lining and the elastic still in place.
So I was left with a much more flattering silhouette that I can belt and place the elastic higher or lower on my waist.  What do you think of this refashion?  It only took about 10 minutes to complete.  Cheers, Michele. I would love it if you checked out my blog for other refashions.


jennifer elliott said...

I love quick and simple refashions! Nice job.

Jennifer, EOD

Marisa Glied said...

I like quick and I like simple! Great job! I have a dress that is super similar!