Sunday, January 31, 2016

REFASHION: my something new shirt

I don't have the confidence to mix prints with my outfits, i.e. stripes and florals. So, I'm taking a few small steps to gain that confidence, but by the time I possess it, the fashion will no longer be trendy. With a T-shirt that's a little too small and one my husband's old button work shirts (started to refashion into a skirt), I refashioned a new cute shirt.


120.bluebee

With the super dark blue (probably could be mistaken for black) T-shirt, I cut open the side seams up to the armpit area and snipped a straight line across the back panel. With my husband's old shirt, I cut a big square or rectangle piece from the back, snipping along the side seams and about an inch above the high back seam to save the pleat (how smart am I?).


120.blue

For more details and pictures, click here.

Until next time, Jennifer Elliott

3 comments:

Carissa said...

Very nice! I'm trying to push myself toward more pattern mixing, but it's really difficult sometimes to put aside my OCD. I like the solid with the plaid though. Nice and simple!

-Carissa
EOD

I Can Work With That said...

I love it!

TheRefashStash said...

Totally adorable! Great job!

-TheRefashStash