This sweater was a little bulky to get much everyday use from.
It also needed a little more color (I thought so at the time, although now this picture doesn't look too bad) and the neck was too high. I got the idea to do the same thing as the pants-to-skirt refashion. So I took off the mock-neck, and ripped out the side seams. Then I crocheted a new navy blue neck edge, then added some more blue to the design, which was a lot easier to do since the sides and sleeves were ripped open. Then I sewed the seams together in the back and in the front, leaving an opening for my arms to come through.
I think my vision was a little bit better than the reality. Maybe adding some blue crochet trim to the bottom edge would make it look more capelike. Or maybe a different sweater. We'll have to see on this one.