NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, February 01, 2016

Pink vintage pattern and a pink refashion

I often use the fabric from a garment, rather than refashioning the actual garment, but I like working both ways and the latter does so much of the work for you. This time I managed to do both!

The before and the after


This time I realised I could use the sleeves and cuffs as they are, the buttoned cuff is what made me think of double buttons for the front and I only had to recut the sleeve to match the length of the vintage pattern piece.


I love the illustrations on this pattern, which was a free gift, many years ago from a magazine called The Peoples Friend! For the full story on how I cut out the blouse and then had to redo to avoid the frumpy look! visit my blog!

2 comments:

cfortin said...

What a lovely refashion. The fabric is perfect for your vintage pattern.


Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Marisa Glied said...

I love this! Looks amazing as a new shirt!

-TheRefashStash