Monday, March 21, 2016

It's Time to Go Outside; Exercise Pants

Hello Refashion Co-op. It warming up and spring is coming. That means it is time to go outside and play. I will be out there with my little guy and maybe getting more exercise too? We'll see.
Someone sweet gave me a bunch of hand-me-downs. (Thanks Sherri!) I wanted these stretchy running pants but wasn't sure how they would be to work with. 


They were seriously WAY too long and loose at the bottom. But they sat and sat on my refashion clothes rack because I wasn't sure how difficult they would be to deal with. 


I wish I had gotten to work on them immediately because they were the easiest material I have ever dealt with. It felt like heavy swimsuit material. It was soft and very stretchy but it went through my sewing machine like a dream. Here is a picture of all the extra fabric. There was a lot of extra fabric.


Here is my before and after. They feel great. When I was finished I wore them right away and then it snowed again. Come on Spring, we're all waiting for you!


Thanks for reading! For more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.
Now go make something fun for yourself.

6 comments:

Joy C said...

So much of a better fit after! Nicely done.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Joy. It was a big size change wasn't it.
Chickie

Joy C said...

Makes me all inspired to get out walking! :)

I Can Work With That said...

Me too Joy. If the weather cooperates I will get to it regularly. Or semi-regularly. haha

cfort82 said...

I need some of those! Nice refashion.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Cindy! I may wear these everyday.