NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Wool Blanket Jacket

I kinda love wool fabric. No trip to a thrift store is complete with out a wander through the skirts to see if there are any wool beauties that I can take home to harvest the fabric from. Occasionally I find other sources of wool at thrift stores, such as blankets.


I happened across this plaid wool blanket and there was no way I was leaving it behind. The blanket came home with me and the brainstorming began. I decided to cut the blanket up. . .


and turn it into a jacket!


Perfect for the end of winter when a heavy coat is no longer needed but just a sweatshirt isn't sufficient!


It's warm, and snuggle-y, and baby goat approved!


You can't beat goat approved! To see the full step-by-step process of turning the blanket into a jacket head on over to my blog.



7 comments:

Catherine Harnisch said...

Brilliant

Samwise J. said...

Oooohhh I have an old Irish wool skirt I picked up. I wonder if this would work for that...

jennifer elliott said...

Cuuute! I love the fringe on the bottom.

Marisa Glied said...

Super cute! And so is thr goat! :)

-TheRefashStash

Carissa said...

Great job! I especially love the slit pockets.

-Carissa
EOD

Alyssa Wesselmann said...

Thanks guys!

RePurposeFul said...

I LOVE it! What a fabulous refashion and you did an awesome job! I want to try this now :)