NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Dress Up a Shirt with Statement Sleeves


I usually don't follow fashion trends but I made an exception with the current statement sleeve trend.  I love the dramatic impact you can make with an easy change.


I started with this outfit from the thrift store I scored for $6.  The shirt is from Banana Republic and the skirt is Forever 21.



I chopped off the sleeves of the shirt.  Wasn't feeling the collar and removed that too.



I used the lower half of the skirt for the statement sleeves.


I cut the top of the statement sleeve the same size as the shirt sleeve opening and sewed the sides.


With right sides together, I sewed the statement sleeves to the shirt.







5 comments:

Sandy said...

This is brilliant! Love it.
Sandy in the UK

RePurposeFul said...

What an awesome, quick change! I love it :)

Marisa Glied said...

What an awesome idea!! Looks pretty simple to do too! Great work!

-TheRefashStash

Lovenicky said...

What a fun shirt this is now! Great job!

Carissa said...

They certainly do make a statement! And what an easy way to jazz up a shirt that already fits nicely. Great job!

-Carissa
EOD