Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Old t-shirt into toddler p.j. shorts and bib


I recently ruined my kitchen sink (who knew you weren't supposed to leave steaming hot pots in an empty melamine sink?) and, being the optimist that I am - after stomping around and grumping for a few minutes - I decided to do some tie-dying. Yep, that's right. Don't need to worry about staining that sink anymore ;)

Anyway, here's an old painting t-shirt that was in the rag bag:

And here are the new p.j. shorts and matching bib that I made from it. I still have enough tie-dyed orange material left over to make another set, too. 

Thanks for reading!


Refashion said...

I like the orange tie dye baby things - so bright and cheery. Sorry to hear about your sink! But I agree it is a good opportunity for a dyeing session

Debbie EOD

Amy Jo said...

What a bright, happy outfit that came from a mistake!
I like the way you think!

Amy said...

Thank you! I bought a few different dye colours so that I can do some more projects before we replace the sink ;)